Problems with getting accurate dates from radiometric dating
» Don’t let your Geology Mess up your Theology » A More Excellent Way to be in Health with Pete Stoughton » Hitler and the Nazi Darwinian Worldview »Lenski’s e-Coli Experiment »Atheistic Spirituality »Dysfunctional Apologetics »Origin Summit at Michigan State University »Seasick Elephants and Sloshing Manure »Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age »Highlights of the CRS Conference »Wupatki Adventure »Applying Eliminative Induction to Biosphere Origin Theories »The Extra-Terrestrial Search for the Origin of Homochirality »The Molecular Clock Fails »Thinking Within a Biblical Creation Model in Biology »Soft Tissue in Dinosaur Bones – The Mark Armitage Case »The Galapagos Islands »Darwin’s Difficulties »The Problem of Flight Evolution »Arizona National Monuments »Excuses at the Great White Throne »The Search for Noah’s Ark and Rules of Logic »Colombian Culture »Postmodern Art & Evolution Worldview »Weapons of Mass Distraction »Chiricahua National Monument »Arizona Origins Science Association »Az OSA Scientists Larry Kisner and David Oberpriller »The Dark Side of the IQ Test »Why do People Choose Atheism?
»Antarctica and Easter Island »The Noah Movie Runs Aground »Ark Movie Pre-Review »The Evolution of Eating »Why Doesn’t the Church Provide Answers?
* Three Related Lines of Evidence Shoring Up the Young Earth Interpretation: The interaction between dinosaur soft tissue, unracemized left-handed amino acids, and Carbon 14 must all be explained to understand the true age of the geologic column.
(1) Significant amounts of short-lived 14c, in quantities far above the least count (margin of error) of our state-of-the-art equipment, is measured in diamonds, dinosaur fossils, marble, giant extinct aquatic lizard, natural gas, coal (and see this paper at Science Direct), and reportedly in oil.
(2) There's mostly left-handed amino acids (not yet decayed to a 50/50 right-to-left ratio) in chert and dinosaur eggshells.
* Update: At creation.com/c14-dinos, see the great summary of this presentation from Carl Wieland, president of Creation Ministries International.
And consider this from a peer-reviewed paper in a respected scientific journal, "at a constant 10°C (the approximate mean annual air temperature in Britain today) it will take between 0.2 and 0.7 Ma for levels of collagen to fall to 1% of their original concentration in an optimal burial environment." * Getting Graded: An expert on radiocarbon dating, long-time assistant professor at Loma Linda University, Dr. The teacher corrected a couple points and clarified a few others.
Paul Giem himself, graded the information presented below. He gave the original text (available here) a grade of A minus.
Of course we're hoping that now that we've corrected the material below, that this is solid A work!
* Since Carbon-14 is EVERYWHERE It Can't Be an Anomaly: Carbon 14 doesn't lie. Unless from a secondary source, like contamination or neutron capture (described below), anything millions of years old should have NO Carbon-14.
However, scientists are consistently finding C-14, as reported in 2011 in the journal PLo S One for an allegedly 80-million year old mosasaur, and as reported elsewhere in natural gas, limestone, fossil wood, coal, oil, graphite, marble, the ten dinosaurs described above, and even in supposedly billion-year-old diamonds.